10.0913 new at King's College London

Willard McCarty (willard.mccarty@kcl.ac.uk)
Fri, 2 May 1997 20:03:10 +0100 (BST)

[1] From: Willard McCarty <Willard.McCarty@kcl.ac.uk> (20)
Subject: new at King's

[2] From: Harold Short <Harold.Short@kcl.ac.uk> (51)
Subject: Seminar in Humanities Computing Tuesday 6 May 1997

Date: Fri, 2 May 1997 16:23:59 +0100 (BST)
From: Willard McCarty <Willard.McCarty@kcl.ac.uk>

This is proudly to announce the new website of the Centre for Computing in
the Humanities, King's College London, at the URL

<http://www.kcl.ac.uk/humanities/cch/>

and the arrival of John Bradley, original author of the DOS-oriented TACT
system for textual analysis, as our new Senior Analyst. John's homepage is
accessible from the Staff page at the CCH site.

The visual design of this site is the work of our resident graphic artist,
Sophie Chambers. As we discovered while putting the pages together, images
devised on a PC look different on a Mac and vice versa. We made every effort
to reach an attractive compromise, but the origin of our images on a PC
(using Photoshop, of course) may still be detectable, however. If anyone
here understands why such differences occur, we'd be glad to know.

WM

Dr. Willard McCarty
Senior Lecturer, Centre for Computing in the Humanities
King's College London
Strand
London WC2R 2LS
+44 (0)171 873 2784 voice; 873 5081 fax