11.0020 CIEC; Monday MOO

Mon, 12 May 1997 22:17:30 +0100 (BST)

[1] From: Willard McCarty <Willard.McCarty@kcl.ac.uk> (12)
Subject: CIEC

[2] From: Mick Doherty <doherm@rpi.edu> (69)
Subject: Monday MOO: Tic-Toc Goes the Tenure Clock **C-FEST
5/12**

Date: Sun, 11 May 1997 12:04:16 +0100
From: Willard McCarty <Willard.McCarty@kcl.ac.uk>

The U.S. Supreme Court is due to hand down its decision on the infamous
Communications Decency Act in June or July of this year. Meanwhile,
information about the hearings on 19 March of this year are available from
the Web site of the Citizens Internet Empowerment Coalition (CIEC), "a broad
group of Internet users, library groups, publishers, online service
providers, and civil liberties groups", <http://www.ciec.org/>. Further
pointers and comments welcome.

Dr. Willard McCarty, Senior Lecturer, King's College London
voice: +44 (0)171 873 2784 fax: +44 (0)171 873 5801
e-mail: Willard.McCarty@kcl.ac.uk
http://www.kcl.ac.uk/kis/schools/hums/ruhc/wlm/