11.0027 course on hypertext

Tue, 13 May 1997 19:33:19 +0100 (BST)

[1] From: avigail oren <avigor@post.tau.ac.il> (13)
Subject: Re: 11.0021 memory? advice for a course?

[2] From: Hope Greenberg <hope.greenberg@uvm.edu> (9)

Date: Tue, 13 May 1997 09:23:26 +0300 (IDT)
From: avigail oren <avigor@post.tau.ac.il>

Claire Warwick asked about a design of a hypertet course. I have not
developed yet such a course but I am engaged in r&d related to hypertext
educational environment. A main problem for teachers is the assesment
process. From my experience, as the linkage is the main point in hypertext
writing, you should examine the width and the depth of the links students
produced in their hypertext article. Students should explain the links they
define as part of the article (like footnotes for each link). The assesment
should take into account the quantity aspect (number of links) as well as
the quality (through students explanations and content significance).
Avigail

Dr. Avigail Oren
Knowledge Technology Lab
School of Education