11.0225 European cybercafes? distributed work?

Tue, 12 Aug 1997 23:43:35 +0100 (BST)

[1] From: James O'Donnell <jod@ccat.sas.upenn.edu> (10)
Subject: cybercafes in Europe

[2] From: Willard McCarty <Willard.McCarty@kcl.ac.uk> (23)
Subject: distributed work?

Date: Sun, 10 Aug 1997 13:26:22 -0400 (EDT)
From: James O'Donnell <jod@ccat.sas.upenn.edu>

Foreseeing a trip, I would like to know if cybercafes in Europe are likely
to have telnet capability -- to get at my e-mail. I'm happy to sneak into
telnet through netscape (open location of the form
telnet://hostname.domain.edu) and in worst case could imagine getting my
e-mail by ftp, but would appreciate any reassurance or caution from
experienced voyagers.

Jim O'Donnell
Classics, U. of Penn.
jod@ccat.sas.upenn.edu