11.0236 out-of-body experience

Fri, 15 Aug 1997 15:23:22 +0100 (BST)

[1] From: galloway@archives1.mdah.state.ms.us (9)
Subject: Re: 11.0231 exteriorising mind, and the cybercafe

[2] From: BRUNI <jbrun@eagle.cc.ukans.edu> (25)
Subject: Re: 11.0231 exteriorising mind

Date: Thu, 14 Aug 1997 08:16:57 -0500
From: galloway@archives1.mdah.state.ms.us

Willard,
Sherry Turkle's latest opus, Life on the Screen, speaks a little bit
to this theme. IMHO, for most westerners, who no longer spend much
time exploring the timeless and boundless "inner space" that we have
called "spirituality", being online in cyberspace--which we endow with
the same timelessness and boundlessness--is an analogue and
substitute, but like other spiritual exercises it can be taken to
excess.... Aren't there people who suggest that cyberspace is Teilhard
de Chardin's noosphere come into being?
Pat Galloway