11.0344 intelligent agents

Mon, 20 Oct 1997 21:57:18 +0100 (BST)

[1] From: Avigail Oren <avigor@post.tau.ac.il> (22)
Subject: intelligent agents

[2] From: Orth_Michael_P/cpslo_employee1@polymail.cpunix.calp (5)
oly.edu
Subject: 11.0343 intelligent agents?

[3] From: "Amsler, Robert" <Amsler@dyniet.com> (5)
Subject: Re: agents

[4] From: Willard McCarty <Willard.McCarty@kcl.ac.uk> (15)
Subject: agents

Date: Sat, 18 Oct 1997 08:22:14 +0200 (IST)
From: Avigail Oren <avigor@post.tau.ac.il>

hi,
Recently I was engaged in summing up the r&d in educational technology as a
prepreation for a grant my place is going to get.
In my way I found some info about these agents.
1.At media-lab in MIT you may find info looking on the projects and courses
of Pattie Maes.(casr.www.media.mit.)
2. You may look at escalante.cs.byu.edu/colloquia/johnson/abstract.txt
for an abstract of a project dealing with autonmous agents/
3.D. KIRSH at the Universuty of California in Sun-Diego is planning a MOO with
int. agents with different roles to guide the users.
4. At mobile.csie.ntu.edu.tw/~yjhsu/itla.html is some info on
Teaching/Learning agents.
It is apparent that in the far east (in Japan at Osaka University) they are
engaged in r@d related to ITS (intelligent learning systems).
5.At Leeds University, The Computer Based Learning Unit (J self, P. Brna)
they are working on these subjects.

I hope it helps as a begining
Avigail

Dr. Avigail Oren
School of Education
Tel- Aviv University and
The Center for Educational Technology (CET)