11.0444 calls for papers

Fri, 5 Dec 1997 21:52:50 +0000 (GMT)

[1] From: David Green <david@ninch.org> (36)
Subject: Call for Proposals

[2] From: "David L. Gants" <dgants@parallel.park.uga.edu> (203)
Subject: CMC/98 Call for Participation; Registration info

Date: Fri, 5 Dec 1997 11:09:07 -0500
From: David Green <david@ninch.org>

NINCH ANNOUNCEMENT
December 5, 1997

A welcome announcement of a call for papers for a conference next year
examining the interplay of digital technologies and the arts.

"STATE OF THE ARTS: PRODUCTION, RECEPTION, AND
TEACHING IN THE DIGITAL WORLD"
<http://www.inform.umd.edu/CRBS>
October 8-11, 1998

CALL FOR PARTICIPATION
Proposal Deadline: January 8, 1998

The Center for Renaissance and Baroque Studies and the Committee for
Creative Humanities Applications in the New Technologies (CHANT) at the
University of Maryland, in conjunction with the statewide Celebration of
the Arts, is issuing a call for contributions to an interdisciplinary
conference entitled: "State of the Arts: Production, Reception, and
Teaching in the Digital World."

The conference is planned for October 8-11, 1998. It will be held on the
University of Maryland's College Park campus for an audience of university
faculty and students, K-12 faculty and administrators, artists, museum
curators, archivists, and the interested public.

Conference Objectives:

- To show innovative technological applications in the arts and humanities.
- To raise awareness of the creative potential of the new technologies by
sharing digitally mediated innovations in the studio, the museum, the
school, and the university with the general public.
- To encourage the integration of new technology into the professional
lives of artists and humanities educators.
- To foster collaborations and mentoring.

The conference planning committee welcomes proposals for plenary papers and
workshops from individuals nationally and internationally who represent
diverse perspectives on the arts and humanities and technology. Maryland
arts and educational institutions are invited to participate as paperand
workshop presenters and as conference satellite sites.

For detailed information about the conference go to our web site:
<www.inform.umd.edu/CRBS>.

FOR Further INFORMATION AND AN APPLICATION FORM, send e-mail to
crbs@umail.umd.edu or go to www.inform.umd.edu/CRBS.