11.0514 Anthro Index; Gutenberg; copyright (U.S.)

Thu, 15 Jan 1998 21:58:05 +0000 (GMT)

[1] From: David Zeitlyn <D.Zeitlyn@ukc.ac.uk> (20)
Subject: Anthropological Index Online developments

[2] From: "David L. Gants" <dgants@english.uga.edu> (132)
Subject: Project Gutenberg Newsletter for January

[3] From: "David L. Gants" <dgants@english.uga.edu> (137)
Subject: Urgent Item: Copyright legislation, Action Alert

Date: Wed, 14 Jan 1998 18:57:26 +0000
From: David Zeitlyn <D.Zeitlyn@ukc.ac.uk>

Anthropological Index Online continues to develop - the recent data file
was updated before and after the new year, and we have now implemented the
automatic searching of cross reference files - of use for names (where
alternative transliteratiosn exist, for journal titles where names change
(e.g. Man => JRAI) and for keywords (soon).

More changes are planned over the next few months and email-only access is
now in advanced beta testing
yours sincerely
david z

Dr David Zeitlyn,
Lecturer in Social Anthropology,
Centre for Social Anthropology and Computing,
Department of Anthropology,
Eliot College, The University of Kent,
Canterbury,
CT2 7NS, UK.
Tel. (44) 1227 764000 -Extn 3360 (or 823360 direct)
Fax (44) 1227 827289
http://lucy.ukc.ac.uk/dz/