11.0584 jobs

Sun, 15 Feb 1998 20:11:43 +0000 (GMT)

[1] From: Jonathan Benda <benda@s867.thu.edu.tw> (29)
Subject: Positions Available, Tunghai University

[2] From: Fotocomposizione Giuntina <foto-giuntina@fol.it> (37)
Subject: annoucement

Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 13:23:36 +0800
From: Jonathan Benda <benda@s867.thu.edu.tw>

This may be of interest to you. I apologize for cross-postings.
For more information, please write to flld@s867.thu.edu.tw or check out the
FLLD Website at http://s867.thu.edu.tw/~flld/flld.htm

TUNGHAI UNIVERSITY,
Department of (Western) Foreign Languages and Literature.

We invite applications for

1) Assistant Professor in Composition/Writing, to teach writing and oral
skills courses in English Majors Program in EFL environment. Ph.D. in
Rhetoric, English, TEFL (with emphasis in teaching writing), or other
relevant field required; expertise in teaching literature, humanities, or
cultural studies desirable. Closing date: March 31, 1998.

2) Lecturer/Assistant Professor in TEFL, Foreign Language Education, or
Applied Linguistics to teach integrated skills EFL classes and participate
in curriculum/program development; background in educational technology and
language testing desirable. M.A. or Ph.D. in hand by time of appointment.
Closing date: April 30, 1998.

For both positions we require commitment to teaching and scholarship in a
regional (Taiwan) and international context, and minimum three-year
commitment. Send English cover letter, vita, graduate transcripts, and at
least three reference letters to Karen Kingsbury, Chair, Department of
Foreign Languages and Literature, Tunghai University. Provide telephone
and fax numbers or e-mail address to facilitate communication.
Jonathan Benda
Dept. Foreign Languages and Literatures
Tunghai University
Taichung, Taiwan R.O.C.