11.623 Announcements

Thu, 5 Mar 1998 21:03:10 +0000 (GMT)

[1] From: David Green <david@ninch.org> (36)
Subject: "Computing and the Humanities," report now available

[2] From: David Green <david@ninch.org> (72)
Subject: American Studies Association: RECENT WEB RESOURCES

[3] From: Stuart Lee <stuart.lee@computing- (119)
services.oxford.ac.uk>
Subject: One-day Colloquium, 'Beyond the Hype', Oxford Union
Debating Chamber

[4] From: David Green <david@ninch.org> (41)
Subject: INTO THE FUTURE: Web Site & Airings

[5] From: "David L. Gants" <dgants@english.uga.edu> (215)
Subject: Discourse, Anaphora and Reference Resolution 2 - First
Call for Delegates

Date: Tue, 3 Mar 1998 14:39:36 -0500
From: David Green <david@ninch.org>

NINCH ANNOUNCEMENT
March 3, 1998

"Computing And The Humanities: Promise And Prospects,"
A National Arts and Humanities Computing Roundtable

Summary Report Published by American Council on Learned Societies

<http://www.acls.org/op41-i.htm>

A summary report of the "Computing and the Humanities," roundtable meeting
conducted last year at the National Academy of Sciences has now been
released as an "Occasional Paper" by the American Council of Learned
Societies. It is also available online.

NINCH was an organizing sponsor of this meeting together with the Computer
Science and Telecommunications Board of the National Research Council, the
Coalition for Networked Information and the Two Ravens Institute.

Determined to find more effective ways of working productively together in
networking cultural resources, a prominent group of scholars, teachers and
practitioners in the arts, humanities and computer and communications
sciences met for what proved to be a most stimulating conversation, in
which the possibilities and challenges of productive collaboration were
equally examined. For all involved, this day was clearly the first step in
continuing conversations that could lead to practical productive projects.

Print copies of the publication may be obtained by contacting Candace
Frede, Office of Publications, ACLS, 228 East 45th Street, New York, NY
10017-3398. Fax: (212) 949-8058. E-mail: candace@acls.org.

David Green

David L. Green
Executive Director
NATIONAL INITIATIVE FOR A NETWORKED CULTURAL HERITAGE
21 Dupont Circle, NW
Washington DC 20036
www-ninch.cni.org
david@ninch.org
202/296-5346 202/872-0886 fax

See and search back issues of NINCH-ANNOUNCE at
<http://www.cni.org/Hforums/ninch-announce/>.