11.0694 scholarly editions online; meeting

Thu, 16 Apr 1998 20:50:28 +0100 (BST)

[1] From: Mike Fraser <mike.fraser@computing- (35)
services.oxford.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: 11.0689 print vs. online? scholarly edns?

[2] From: Michael Thompson <thompson@RESOURCENTER.COM> (7)
Subject: Publishing meeting

Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 19:27:30 +0100 (BST)
From: Mike Fraser <mike.fraser@computing-services.oxford.ac.uk>

On Mon, 13 Apr 1998, Humanist Discussion Group wrote:

> For an upcoming talk I am looking for examples of scholarly editions
> that are currently accessible via the web (preferably) or that are
> available in some other machine-readable form.

We have linked to a few web-based ones (mostly 'in progress' and concerned
with the presentation of variants) via our online FAQ at
http://info.ox.ac.uk/ctitext/enquiry/ (see the section on Literature).

A book arrived on my desk last week which may be of interest to you and
which I don't think has been mentioned on Humanist:

Kathryn Sutherland (ed), Electronic Text: Investigations in Method and
Theory (Oxford, 1998)

Table of Contents

Introduction, Kathryn Sutherland

The rationale of hypertext, Jerome J. McGann

Annotating a text - literary theory and electronic hypertext, Claire
Lamont

Lighting out for the territory - hypertext, ideology, and Huckleberry
Finn, Patrick Conner

Out of praxis - three (meta) theories of textuality, Allen Renear

The body encoded - questions of gender and the electronic text, Julia
Flanders

New directions in critical editing, Peter Robinson

Digital archive as expanded text - Shakespeare and electronic textuality,
Peter Donaldson

Coda - is it morphin' time?, David Greetham

Michael
Dr Michael Fraser Email: mike.fraser@oucs.ox.ac.uk
Manager, CTI Textual Studies Fax: +44 1865 273 275
Humanities Computing Unit, OUCS Tel: +44 1865 283 282
University of Oxford
13 Banbury Road http://info.ox.ac.uk/ctitext/
Oxford OX2 6NN