11.0707 e-text access strategies?

Fri, 24 Apr 1998 12:13:31 +0100 (BST)

Date: Tue, 21 Apr 1998 20:02:57 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Jennifer J. Vinopal" <jv3@is.nyu.edu>
Subject: E-text center service models

Hello all:

Here at Bobst Library, NYU, we are re-thinking the way we provide access
to and support for e-text at our library. At present we have cd-roms
loaded on computers but provide minimal tech/research support. We're
seeking another model for access and research assistance which wouldn't
necessarily involve creating a complete e-text center, (possible
alternatives: stand-alone access in the humanities reference center, or
some campus-wide networked access; part-time staffing or use of resources
by appointment only; etc.).

Are any of you out there at institutions which do NOT run full-fledged
e-text centers but still provide decent access and research assistance?
How are you doing it? Any ideas would be extremely helpful.

Jennifer

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jennifer Vinopal
Librarian for Western European