11.0726 online home for Bacon? new on WWW

Tue, 5 May 1998 16:58:07 +0100 (BST)

[1] From: Hartmut Krech <kr538@zfn.uni-bremen.de> (19)
Subject: Electronic Bacon

[2] From: David Green <david@ninch.org> (80)
Subject: DECADE OF DANCE PRESERVATION SYMPOSIUM

[3] From: "S.A.Rae" <S.A.Rae@open.ac.uk> (33)
Subject: RE: 11.0719 computer terms auf Deutsch

Date: Fri, 1 May 1998 20:13:39 +0200
From: Hartmut Krech <kr538@zfn.uni-bremen.de>

As far as I know, there is no electronic version of Sir Francis Bacon's
"Of the Proficience and Advancement of Learning" on the Net; it was
first published in 1605 and is dedicated "To the King."

I have just finished digitizing the text (using Yefim Schukin's excellent
OCR software Cuneiform 3.1 [www.ocr.com]) and would like to place
the results into public domain. My electronic version has the page
numbering of Spedding's 1854 edition and the analytical chapter and
section numerals of Wright's 1869 edition.

Lacking a homepage of my own, I should appreciate any suggestions
for institutions that would like to house the text. Please try to contact
me directly at the eMail address given.

Regards,

Dr. Hartmut Krech
Bremen, Germany