12.0072 online bookshops

Fri, 12 Jun 1998 06:37:51 +0100 (BST)

[1] From: Timothy Mason <Timothy.Mason@wanadoo.fr> (14)
Subject: Re: 12.0063 online bookstore?

[2] From: anthony@ccs.sogang.ac.kr (14)

Date: Thu, 11 Jun 1998 10:58:44 +0200
From: Timothy Mason <Timothy.Mason@wanadoo.fr>

You may find :

The Internet Book Shop, http://www.bookshop.co.uk

useful. They do not seem to be interested in looking for anything that
they do not have on their stock-list. Also, I discovered that my CC
details were available directly to anyone who took the trouble to work
out my personal code - fortunately, they did take them off when I
protested.

Blackwell's will take orders over the net, but refuse to accept
payment over the ether, so you have to open an account by surface mail
- they claim, probably accurately, that the Net is not safe enough.

Regards

Timothy Mason
Timothy.Mason@wanadoo.fr