12.0184 NEH grants; new on WWW

Tue, 1 Sep 1998 23:31:02 +0100 (BST)

[1] From: "David L. Gants" <dgants@english.uga.edu> (43)
Subject: NEH Education Program Grant Opportunities

[2] From: AL SHOAF <rashoaf@clas.ufl.edu> (39)
Subject: WWW Supplement to _The Testament of Love_

[3] From: "Judith A. Turner" <judith@turner.net> (70)
Subject: The latest issue of The Journal of Electronic
Publishing

[4] From: Boyd Davis <bdavis@email.uncc.edu> (14)
Subject: new site: community language collection

Date: Sat, 29 Aug 1998 14:57:21 -0400 (EDT)
From: "David L. Gants" <dgants@english.uga.edu>

>> From: "Serventi, Jennifer" <JServenti@neh.gov>

Please post

1998 and 1999 DEADLINE DATES FOR
NEH EDUCATION DEVELOPMENT & DEMONSTRATION GRANTS

The National Endowment for the Humanities supports school teachers and
college faculty in the United States who wish to strengthen the teaching
and learning of history, literature, foreign languages and cultures, and
other areas of the
humanities.

The Education Development and Demonstration Program offers the following
programs:

*National Education Projects*

Includes materials development projects, curricular development and
demonstration projects, and dissemination projects of national scope and
significance

Application deadline: October 15, 1998 and October 15, 1999
Funding available: up to $250,000 total for three years

*Humanities Focus Grants*
Propose a study of a humanities topic during the summer or academic year
with colleagues from your school building, school district, college or
university.
Work with humanities scholars.

Application deadlines: April 15, 1999 and April 15, 2000
Funding available: up to $25,000

For more information about these grant opportunities, or if you have
ideas about developing a project, please write or call:

Education Development and Demonstration
Division of Research and Education Programs
National Endowment for the Humanities, Room 318
1100 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20506
Phone: 202/606-8380
FAX: 202/606-8394
e-mail: education@neh.gov
TDD (for hearing impaired only) 202/606-8282

Guidelines and application forms may be retrieved from the NEH
World Wide Web site: http://www.neh.gov (under Applying for a
Grant, Application Forms)