12.0189 new on WWW: humanities computing, journal, philosophy

Fri, 4 Sep 1998 15:52:57 +0100 (BST)

[1] From: Joseph Saponaro <jas265@is4.nyu.edu> (16)
Subject: New Site: Humanities Computing at New York University

[2] From: maureen donovan <donovan.1@osu.edu> (38)
Subject: new online journal: The Book and The Computer

[3] From: David Green <david@ninch.org> (49)
Subject: Noesis: Philosophical Research On-Line

Date: Wed, 2 Sep 1998 13:59:50 -0400 (EDT)
From: Joseph Saponaro <jas265@is4.nyu.edu>

The Humanities Computing Group at New York University, the newest
subject-specific group of NYU's Academic Computing Facility, is pleased to
announce that it has developed its Web site. The collection of pages is
intended to be a resource for the humanities computing community; it
includes information about the HCG's computing services, software
resources, and staff as well as links to the online newsletter and to
announcements of our popular on-campus seminars and other events.

A large section of the site serves as an annotated, selective meta-list of
links to other humanities computing sites, arranged by subject and
cross-referenced to lists of relevant journals, mailing lists, newsgroups,
conferences.

http://www.nyu.edu/acf/humanities/

Any comments or questions are welcome and should be addressed to Lorna
Hughes, Assistant Director of the Humanities Computing Group
(lorna.hughes@nyu.edu).