12.0199 intellectual property; Archaeology on the Net

Sun, 13 Sep 1998 22:20:42 +0100 (BST)

[1] From: David Green <david@ninch.org> (61)
Subject: Atlantic Monthly: Intellectual Property Roundtable

[2] From: archonnet <archaeology@mail.serve.com> (51)
Subject: Archaeology on the Net - Site Update and Books
Database

Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 17:32:51 +0000
From: David Green <david@ninch.org>

NINCH ANNOUCEMENT
September 11, 1998

ATLANTIC MONTHLY COPYRIGHT STORY & ROUNDTABLE:
Article: "Who Will Own Your Next Good Idea?"
<http://www.theatlantic.com/issues/98sep/copy.htm>

Roundtable: "The Future of Intellectual Property"
(John Perry Barlow; Lawrence Lessig; Mark Stefik; Charles C. Mann)
<http://www.theatlantic.com/unbound/forum/copyright/intro.htm>

>From: "Adam Eisgrau" <AME@alawash.org>
>To: "Digital Future Coalition Discussion List" <dfclist@listserv.alawash.org>
>>Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 11:40:28 -0400

>To: ame@alawash.org
>From: The Atlantic Monthly <mlander@theatlantic.com>
>Subject: Intellectual Property Roundtable
>
>I would like to call your attention to a feature currently running on The
>Atlantic Monthly's Web site, Atlantic Unbound (http://www.theatlantic.com),
>that may interest you and your colleagues.
>

>LIFE, LIBERTY, AND ... THE PURSUIT OF COPYRIGHT?
>An Atlantic Unbound Roundtable
>
>In The Atlantic's September cover story, "Who Will Own Your Next Good
>Idea?" (http://www.theatlantic.com/issues/98sep/copy.htm), contributing
>editor Charles C. Mann examines the issue of intellectual property in the
>digital age.
>
>Starting this week, Atlantic Unbound brings the debate to the Web. We're
>hosting an online Roundtable on the future of intellectual property,
>featuring special guests John Perry Barlow of the Electronic Future
>Foundation, Lawrence Lessig of Harvard Law School, Mark Stefik of Xerox
>PARC, and The Atlantic's Charles C. Mann. The debate will consist of three
>rounds, posted weekly, and will include responses from online readers
>participating in our newly relaunched discussion forum, Post & Riposte.
>Interested readers may access the feature at:
>http://www.theatlantic.com/unbound/forum/copyright/intro.htm.
>
>If you have any questions about Atlantic Unbound or the Roundtable, you are
>welcome to call me at (617)-854-7723. I can also be reached via e-mail
>(mlander@theatlantic.com) or by fax at (617) 854-7876.
>
>Sincerely,
>

>Michelle Lander
>Web Marketing Assistant, Atlantic Unbound

David L. Green
Executive Director
NATIONAL INITIATIVE FOR A NETWORKED CULTURAL HERITAGE
21 Dupont Circle, NW
Washington DC 20036
www-ninch.cni.org
david@cni.org
202/296-5346 202/872-0884 fax

Subscribe to the NINCH-ANNOUNCE public listserv for news on
networking cultural heritage. Send message "Subscribe NINCH-Announce
Your Name" to <listproc@cni.org>.