12.0269 journals for donation

Fri, 23 Oct 1998 09:28:47 +0100 (BST)

Date: Mon, 19 Oct 1998 14:14:05 -0700
From: Tony Meadow <tmeadow@bearriver.com>
Subject: Humanities computing journals for donation

Many years ago (perhaps it just seems that way...) I published the
Newsletter for Asian and Middle Eastern Languages on Computer. Some years
prior to that I had my first paying job working with computers helping a
religion professor work with Sanskrit on an IBM mainframe (UNC Chapel Hill
- mid 1970's). This background may explain the varied collection of
humanities computings journals that I have accumulated.

Unfortunately I am running out of space and would like to donate the
following journals. My preference would be to donate the entire lot to a
college or university library or computer center. If that is not possible,
I would be willing to split it up. All that I ask is reimbursement for
postage.

This set of journals fills four standard size "banker's boxes".

ACH Newsletter
various issues

ALLC Bulletin
Vol 1, 6, 8,9,10,11,12,13 - complete (3 issues per volume)
Vol 4 issue 3
Vol 5 issue 1
Vol 7 issues 2, 3

ALLC Journal
Vol 1-6 (2 issues per volume, I think 4#1 is missing)

Apple Library Users Group
various issues

Bits & Bytes Review
vol 1 - issues 1-10 (complete?)
vol 2 - issues 1-7

Computer Processing of Chinese & Oriental Languages
vol 1-3 (4 issues per volume)

Computers & the Humanities
vol 10 issue 1
vol 18 issues 2, 3+4
vol 19-22 complete (4 issues per volume)
vol 23-29 complete (6 issues per volume)

Literary and Linguistic Computing
Vol 1-9 (4 issues each volume)

Research in Word Processing
vol 1#1 through vol7#5 (some might be missing)

SCOPE (Scholarly Communications and Online Publishing & Education)
vol 1-5 - various issues

SESAME bulletin (UK publication on multilingual computing)
various

Text Technology
vol 1, 2 complete (6 issues each volume)
vol 4 issues 1, 3, 4
vol 5 issue 1

TUGBoat (newsletter of Donanld Knuth's TEX typesetting software)
vol 1#1 through vol 16#2
along with most issues of TEX+TUG News

Miscellaneous - such as several reports on the Hershey character sets
(early 1970's vector fonts)

Please contact me at my work preferably by email at <mailto:
tmeadow@bearriver.com>.

Tony Meadow
Bear River Associates, Inc., 505 14th Street, Suite 600, Oakland, CA 94612
Telephone: 510 834 5300 ext 108 Fax: 510 834 5396
Internet: tmeadow@bearriver.com Web: http://www.bearriver.com

Humanist Discussion Group