12.0313 ELRA News (correction)

Tue, 24 Nov 1998 23:09:44 +0000 (GMT)

Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 16:37:33 -0500 (EST)
From: "David L. Gants" <dgants@english.uga.edu>
Subject: ELRA News - Correction

>> From: <mapelli@elda.fr>

ELRA
European Language Resources Association
ELRA News=20

*** ELRA NEW RESOURCES - CORRECTION ***

In the previous ELRA news, we announced the availability of the Chilean
Spanish FDB-250 speech database which included 250 speakers. Today, we are
happy to announce that this database has been increased with 257 more
speakers and is now offering a complete set of 507 speakers. Below the
description and prices of the modified database.

ELRA-S0054 Chilean Spanish FDB-500

This speech database gathers Spanish data as spoken in Chile. All
participants are native speakers. The corpus consists of read speech,
including digits and application words for teleservices, recorded through
an ISDN card. There is a total of 507 speakers (272 male, 235 female).
Each speaker pronounced a total of 24 utterances. The age class is divided
as follows: 33 speakers are less than 16 year old, 215 speakers are
between age 16 to 30, 207 speakers are between age 31 to 45, 51 speakers
are between age 46 to 60, and 1 speaker is over 60.

The callers spoke 74 different items in total:
=B7 isolated digits,
=B7 yes/no,
=B7 common application words.

The data is provided with orthographic transliteration for all 12,168
utterances including 4 categories of non-speech acoustic events. A phonetic
lexicon with canonical transcription in SAMPA is also included.

The speech files are stored as sequences of 8 bits 8 kHz A-law samples. Data
are stored in a SAM file format.

Price for ELRA members: 6,000 ECU
Price for non members: 10,000 ECU

Humanist Discussion Group