12.0254 CHum 32.2-3; Digital Libraries; new in AMICO

Mon, 12 Oct 1998 06:14:52 +0100 (BST)

[1] From: "Nancy M. Ide" <ide@cs.vassar.edu> (61)
Subject: Computers and the Humanities 32:2-3 : Special Issue on
EuroWordNet

[2] From: David Green <david@ninch.org> (466)
Subject: INTERNATIONAL DIGITAL LIBRARIES COLLABORATIVE
RESEARCH

[3] From: "David L. Gants" <dgants@english.uga.edu> (110)
Subject: AMICO Announces New Members

Date: Thu, 08 Oct 1998 09:28:53 -0400
From: "Nancy M. Ide" <ide@cs.vassar.edu>
EuroWordNet

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+
JUST PUBLISHED JUST PUBLISHED JUST PUBLISHED JUST PUBLISHED
*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+

COMPUTERS AND THE HUMANITIES

Nancy Ide and Dan Greenstein, Editors-in-Chief

Volume 32 Nos. 2-3 1998

***********************************
Double Special Issue on EuroWordNet
***********************************

Guest Editor: Piek Vossen

Table of Contents
-----------------

PIEK VOSSEN
Introduction to EuroWordNet 73-89

ANTONIETTA ALONGE, NICOLETTA CALZOLARI, PIEK VOSSEN, LAURA BLOKSMA,
IRENE CASTELLON, MARIA ANTONIA MARTI and WIM PETERS
The Linguistic Design of the EuroWordNet Database 91-115

HORACIO RODRIDGUEZ, SALVADOR CLIMENT, PIEK VOSSEN, LAURA BLOKSMA,
WIM PETERS, ANTONIETTA ALONGE, FRANCESCA BERTAGNA and ADRIANA
ROVENTINI
The Top-Down Strategy for Building EuroWordNet:
Vocabulary Coverage, Base Concepts and Top Ontology 117-152

PIEK VOSSEN, LAURA BLOKSMA, ANTONIETTA ALONGE, ELISABETTA MARINAI,
CAROL PETERS, IRENE CASTELLON, ANTONIA MARTI and GERMAN RIGAU
Compatibility in Interpretation of Relations
in EuroWordNet 153-184

JULIO GONZALO, FELISA VERDEJO, CAROL PETERS and NICOLETTA CALZOLARI
Applying EuroWordNet to Cross-Language Text Retrieval 185-207

CHRISTIANE FELLBAUM
A Semantic Network of English:
The Mother of All WordNets 209-220

WIM PETERS, PIEK VOSSEN, PEDRO DIEZ-ORZAS and GEERT ADRIAENS
Cross-linguistic Alignment of Wordnets
with an Inter-Lingual-Index 221-251

COMPUTERS AND THE HUMANITIES
The Official Journal of The Association for Computers and the
Humanities

Editors-in-Chief:
Nancy Ide, Dept. of Computer Science, Vassar College, USA
Daniel Greenstein, Arts and Humanities Data Services,
King's College, UK

For subscriptions or information, consult the journal's WWW home page:

http://kapis.www.wkap.nl/

Or contact:

Dieke van Wijnen
Kluwer Academic Publishers
Spuiboulevard 50
P.O. Box 17
3300 AA Dordrecht
The Netherlands

Phone: (+31) 78 639 22 64
Fax: (+31) 78 639 22 54
E-mail: Dieke.vanWijnen@wkap.nl

Members of the Association for Computers and the Humanities (ACH)
receive a subscription to CHum at less than half the price of an
individual subscription. For information about ACH and a membership
application, consult http://www.ach.org/, or send email to
chuck_bush@byu.edu.