12.0326 invitation for training in NLP tool-making

Wed, 9 Dec 1998 18:18:29 +0000 (GMT)

Date: Tue, 8 Dec 1998 12:00:07 -1000 (HST)
From: "Philip A. Bralich, Ph.D." <bralich@hawaii.edu>
Subject: Training in Ergo's NLP for other languages

In order to spur the development of the Ergo NLP tools for
other languages we are seeking individuals, departments, and
companies who would like to have training to create patented
NLP tools like those of Ergo in other languages. We are
currently not offering any funding for this, but we would
be willing to be partners in such developments with other
companies. We would also be willing to serve as consultants
as the parsers are developed for other languages. We
estimate that it will require from 18 to 24 months of work
for 2 or 3 individuals to extend the Ergo tools to another
language. Derek Bickerton and myself will both be available
for the training and consultation.

The tools that we have developed offer improvements in
Navigation and Control, Dialoging, and Web and Database
searching through enhanced grammatical analysis. Demos of
the technology are available at http://www.ergo-ling.com.
A more detailed discussion of the sorts of abilities that
will be possible is presented at the VRML Consortium Web
site as standards for the development of NLP tools for
animations (http://www.vrml.org/WorkingGroups/NLP-ANIM.)

We recently won the Best Technology award at the VSMM '98
Multi Media and Virtual Reality conference in Japan.

The languages we would most like to do first are Spanish,
German, Russian, and Japanese. Though we will work with
whatever languages serious researchers would like to work
with.

Our main requirement is that these be serious inquiries only
and we would like to establish that the individuals or groups
who would like this training are capable of completing the
project. Please respond privately to the numbers below.

Phil Bralich

Philip A. Bralich, Ph.D.
President and CEO
Ergo Linguistic Technologies