12.0410 culturally traumatic ideas

Mon, 8 Feb 1999 20:47:25 +0000 (BST)

[1] From: Ed HAUPT <haupt@email.njin.net> (16)
Subject: Re: 12.0404 culturally traumatic ideas

[2] From: Robert Knapp <Robert.Knapp@directory.Reed.EDU> (25)

[3] From: Frank Hubbard <6615hubbardf@vmsb.csd.mu.edu> (50)

[4] From: <S.A.Rae@open.ac.uk> (20)

[5] From: Jascha Kessler <jkessler@ucla.edu> (42)

Date: Mon, 08 Feb 1999 20:45:49 +0000
From: Ed HAUPT <haupt@email.njin.net>

I think you're about a century off on mechanism in biology. Du Bois,
Bruecke, Ludwig, and Helmholtz made a rather dramatic statement in 1847
that biology needed to become an organic physics.

Ed Haupt

Edward J. Haupt, Ph.D. Voice:
(001)973.655.4327
Associate Professor of Psychology Fax: (001)973.655.5121
Department of Psychology email: haupt@email.njin.net
Montclair State University
Upper Montclair NJ
USA 07043-1624

home page http://www.chss.montclair.edu/psychology/haupthp.html
Museum of the History of Psychological
Experimentation http://www.chss.montclair.edu/psychology/museum/museum.html

Membership Chair, History of Psychology (Division 26)
Information and Membership Form at:
http://www.yorku.ca/dept/psych/orgs/apa26/memform.htm