12.0473 a savage Act of Software

Tue, 2 Mar 1999 19:21:26 +0000 (BST)

Date: Tue, 02 Mar 1999 19:22:03 +0000
From: Willard McCarty <Willard.McCarty@kcl.ac.uk>
Subject: Acts of Software

Dear Colleagues:

For reasons (if that's the right word) our software decided (if that's
the right word) to unsubscribe about 2 dozen members of this Seminar today.
The problem is now under investigation. I have written to the affected
individuals, but I have been unable to reach about 4-5 of them. Should you
hear of any complaints from people who think they have been summarily
excommunicated from this sangha, please ask them to get in touch with me
directly.

No insurance against Acts of Software, but here below we're doing our best
to repair the damage inflicted by our totally indifferent virtual
all-powerful servant Listproc, may it quickly recover its wits.

Dr. Willard McCarty, Senior Lecturer, King's College London
voice: +44 (0)171 873 2784 fax: +44 (0)171 873 5081
<Willard.McCarty@kcl.ac.uk> <http://ilex.cc.kcl.ac.uk/wlm/>
maui gratia

Humanist Discussion Group