12.0536 WARNING: a look on the bright side

Tue, 6 Apr 1999 20:11:02 +0100 (BST)

Date: Tue, 06 Apr 1999 20:15:25 +0100
From: Willard McCarty <Willard.McCarty@kcl.ac.uk>
Subject: de planctu redactoris

Dear Colleagues:

All e-mail service to and from King's College London will be suspended 7-8
April while new equipment is put in place. The immediate consequence for us
is that there will be no messages from Humanist during this time. Please
continue to send your contributions as usual; they will, I am assured, not
go astray.

It is comforting, is it not, that we are close enough to the Good Old Days
that such things can still happen? Just think -- one day soon we (or those
who shuffle on our mortal coils) will be living in a dreadful world of
seamless efficiency, where no service is ever interrupted. Enjoy the
problems while you can!

Yours cheerfully,
de-spite the overcast skies, blustery wind, spittings of rain,
delayed moves and all manner of other problems,
Dr. Willard McCarty, Senior Lecturer, King's College London
voice: +44 (0)171 873 2784 fax: +44 (0)171 873 5081
<Willard.McCarty@kcl.ac.uk> <http://ilex.cc.kcl.ac.uk/wlm/>
maui gratia

Humanist Discussion Group