new on WWW: mss. standards; teaching European lit & culture; site

Wed, 26 May 1999 21:00:18 +0100 (BST)

[1] From: Barbara Bordalejo <bb268@IS8.NYU.EDU> (56)
Subject: Standard for Manuscript Descriptions (fwd)

[2] From: Stuart Sutherland <stuart.sutherland@computing- (48)
services.oxford.ac.uk>
Subject: Teaching European Literature & Culture with C&IT

[3] From: Willard McCarty <willard.mccarty@kcl.ac.uk> (4)
Subject: web design

Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 20:53:11 +0100
From: Barbara Bordalejo <bb268@IS8.NYU.EDU>

Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 20:53:40 +0100
From: Stuart Sutherland <stuart.sutherland@computing-services.oxford.ac.uk>

New WWW publication from CTI Textual Studies

Teaching European Literature & Culture with C&IT

<http://info.ox.ac.uk/ctitext/publish/occas/eurolit/index.html>

'Teaching European Literature & Culture with Communication & Information
Technology' is a collection of selected papers from a conference of the
same name organised by CTI Textual Studies. The papers outline a rich
range of approaches to the teaching of analytical and critical skills in
literary and cultural studies. They document and reflect on the successes
or otherwise of a diverse group of projects and teaching situations and
offer a solid set of signposts and critical issues for others seeking to
follow their example in related fields.

A print version of the publication will be available later in the summer,
which will be distributed free with the next issue of our journal
Computers & Texts, which itself is free on subscription to academic
members of staff attached to UK HE institutions. Forms to subscribe to
Computers & Texts and to reserve a copy of the print publication (@7.50
pounds) without subscribing to C&T are available via the URL above.
Readers from outside UK HE institutions and from outside the UK can also
reserve a copy of the publication via these web forms.

The contents of the publication are as follows:

- Introduction: Technology in teaching literature and culture: some
reflections.
Sarah Porter, Humanities Computing Development Team,
University of Oxford.

- Teachers and Technicians: working together for effective use of
Information Technology in Language and Literature
Gavin Burnage, University of Cambridge.

- A Season in Cyberspace: Reflecting on web-based resources for French
Studies
Tony McNeill, University of Sunderland.

- Forging Links: The Virtual Seminars for Teaching Literature Project
Stuart Lee, University of Oxford

- The Perez Galdos Editions Project: Creating Electronic Scholarly
Editions
Rhian Davies, University of Sheffield.

- The Digital Variants Archive Project: A New Environment for Teaching SL
Writing Skills
Domenico Fiormonte and Luana Babini, University of
Edinburgh, and Luisa Selvaggini, Universita della Tuscia.

Stuart Sutherland Email: stuart.sutherland@oucs.ox.ac.uk
Information Officer
CTI Centre for Textual Studies http://info.ox.ac.uk/ctitext
Humanities Computing Unit
OUCS, 13 Banbury Road, Tel: +44 (0)1865 283282
Oxford, OX2 6NN Fax: +44 (0)1865 273275