13.0062 Conference on teaching in the arts & humanities

Fri, 11 Jun 1999 17:14:04 +0100 (BST)

Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 10:19:34 +0100
From: S.A.Rae@open.ac.uk
Subject: Conf. Announcement / Call For Papers - Evaluate &
Improve: Investigating Lecturers' Teaching in
the arts and humanities

Conference Announcement / Call for papers.

'Evaluate & Improve: Investigating Lecturers' Teaching in the arts and
humanities' including an exhibition of virtual learning environments.

The Humanities and Arts higher education Network's 5th anniversary
conference will be held on the 9th October 1999 at the Open University,
Milton Keynes.

http://www-iet.open.ac.uk/iet/herg/1999hanconference.html

Evaluate & Improve will be a one-day conference which will focus on Arts an=
Humanities higher education. =20

Dr Paul Clark, the newly appointed chief executive of the Institute for
Learning and Teaching in Higher Education (ILT), will give the keynote
address. =20

Evaluate & Improve has been chosen as the conference theme because of the
ILT's emphasis on evidence-based good practice. We would like to invite
papers that address how we can evaluate our teaching practices, and improve
them in ways that help our students learn. In particular, we hope to
address the following issues:
*=09the evaluation of classroom teaching [staff / students on staff
performance]
*=09the evaluation of multimedia / online teaching to improve student
learning
*=09personal evaluation and guidance [e.g. peer evaluation and
mentoring] to improve student learning
*=09the evaluation of work-based learning to improve undergraduate
education
*=09providing evidence of improvement in teaching and learning.

Deadline for outline proposals: Friday July 16th.

The attendance fee will be =A335, with a concessionary rate of =A325 for me=
mbers
of the Humanities and Arts higher education Network (HAN) and full-time
students.

For more information about submitting a proposal, joining HAN (membership i=
free) or attending the conference, please contact Kelvin Lack
(k.j.lack@open.ac.uk) or visit the HAN web site at
http://www-iet.open.ac.uk/iet/herg/han.html

**** please forward this email to colleagues who might be interested in
attending ****

Kelvin Lack (Manager, Humanities and Arts higher education Network)
Institute of Educational Technology, The Open University,
Walton Hall, Milton Keynes, MK7 6AA
UK

Email: k.j.lack@open.ac.uk =20
Telephone: (01908) 653488

Humanist Discussion Group=20
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D