13.0080 Imaging & Visualisation call for papers

Mon, 28 Jun 1999 22:12:21 +0100 (BST)

Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 14:50:27 -0500 (EST)
From: "David L. Gants" <dgants@english.uga.edu>
Subject: CFP: Imaging, Visualization and Humanities Research

>> From: "J. Trant" <jtrant@archimuse.com>

ARCHIVES AND MUSEUM INFORMATICS:
THE CULTURAL HERITAGE INFORMATICS QUARTERLY

SPECIAL ISSUE:
IMAGING, VISUALIZATION and HUMANITIES RESEARCH

DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS -- JUNE 30, 1999

Papers are requested for a special issue of Archives and Museum
Informatics: the cultural heritage information quarterly, a peer-reviewed
journal from Kluwer Academic publishers, that explores the *application*
of imaging technologies in humanities research.

Much has been written about the development of imaging systems and the
tools and techniques for image capture and visual database construction.
But what are the research results that come from using imaging
technologies? What new questions have they enabled us to ask, and answer?
Do these new ways of seeing change the way that we think about and
understand cultural artifacts and works of art? What advances have we made
in our research fields as a result of the use of these tools? What do we
know now, that we couldn't have known without visualization or imaging
technologies to assist our analysis?

Papers are invited that report on how imaging technologies were used in a
humanities informatics project to further the research goals of the
investigator. Authors are requested to highlight the tools that they used,
and how they related to the research problem investigated. What were the
benefits of using imaging and visualization technologies? What were the
draw backs? What recommendations can experience in one humanities research
project offer for others?

Full papers will be accepted for peer review and possible inclusion in this
issue until June 30, 1999. For Guidelines for Authors, and instructions
about submitting papers, please see
http://www.archimuse.com/publishing/armu.guide.html

Questions or comments about this special issue can be directed to:

J. Trant
Editor-in-Chief
Archives and Museum Informatics: the cultural heritage informatics quarterly
jtrant@archimuse.com

To request a sample issue of the journal, or download it in PDF format,
search on the title from the Kluwer hom page http://www.kap.nl
--------
J. Trant
Editor in Chief
Archives and Museum Informatics, the cultural heritage informatics quarterly
c/o 2008 Murray Ave, Suite D, Pittsburgh, PA 15217 USA
jtrant@archimuse.com Phone: +1 412 422 8530 Fax: +1 412 422 8594
--------

Humanist Discussion Group