13.0088 student work on WWW?

Tue, 6 Jul 1999 15:56:15 +0100 (BST)

Date: Sat, 03 Jul 1999 14:55:53 -0500 (CDT)
From: Craig Branham <branhacc@SLU.EDU>
Subject: CFP: Student Work for Research Central

CALL FOR WEB SITES
Student Research Projects
Research Central OCC
@ Addison-Wesley Longman
http://www.awlonline.com/

Dear Humanities Instructors:

If your students have prepared research projects for the Web as
part of your class, I have a possible publication opportunity that may
interest them.

I am collecting student-authored researched Web sites for a gallery I'm
preparing as part of a companion Web site to three new writing textbooks
from Addison-Wesley Longman. We're calling the site Research Central.

The types of projects that could be submitted for consideration include:
researched articles prepared for the Web, annotated webliographies,
subject guides/enthusiast sites, researched webs, or any innovative
student work that involves research and is prepared specifically for the
WWW. The work obviously has to be original, and the authors must have
permissions secured for any copyrighted material or borrowed images that
might appear in their sites.

With the authors' and instructors' permission, we hope to include some
basic biographical information about the authors of each project, and
links to the original class sites and instructors' home pages. We will
also award an honorarium to student authors whose work is selected to
appear in the site.

AWL is not seeking exclusive ownership or control of the students'
work, only the right to archive a stable copy on its Web server.

For more information, please e-mail me at branhacc@slu.edu . Feel free to
forward this message to your colleagues in other disciplines, we would
like to get a wide variety of student projects if we can. I would need to
see the work by August 6 to have a chance to get it into the site.

Sincerely,

Craig Branham

Department of English
Saint Louis University