13.0117 EMLS May issue

Fri, 30 Jul 1999 07:42:05 +0100 (BST)

Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 07:31:32 +0100
From: "David L. Gants" <dgants@english.uga.edu>
Subject: Launch of EMLS May issue

>> From: "Hopkins, Lisa" <L.M.Hopkins@shu.ac.uk>

Early Modern Literary Studies is pleased to announce its May issue.
It contains articles on "Lives of Devotion: The Correspondence of
Isaac Basire and Frances Corbett: 1635-1660" (Paul G. Stanwood,
University of British Columbia), "[B]egot between tirewomen and
tailors": Commodified Self-Fashioning in Michaelmas Term" (Mathew
Martin, University of Alberta), "National and Colonial Education in
Shakespeare's The Tempest" (Allen Carey-Webb, Western Michigan
University), and "The Laureate Dunces and the Death of the Panegyric"
(Peter F. Heaney, Staffordshire University), as well as a variety of
book reviews. It can be found at
http://purl.oclc.org/emls/emlshome.html.

We are also pleased to announce that, in addition to our book review
section, we shall be starting to carry reviews of theatre productions,
and from time to time of appropriate films. If you would be
interested in offering a review, please contact the Drama Review
Editor, Chet Scoville, at scoville@chass.utoronto.ca.

Lisa Hopkins
Editor, Early Modern Literary Studies

Please note that I will be away from my e-mail 28 July - 23 August
Dr Lisa Hopkins
Senior Lecturer in English, Sheffield Hallam University
School of Cultural Studies, Sheffield Hallam University, Collegiate
Crescent Campus, Sheffield, S10 2BP, U.K.
Editor, Early Modern Literary Studies:
http://purl.oclc.org/emls/emlshome.html
Teaching and research pages:
http://www.shu.ac.uk/schools/cs/teaching/lh/index.htm