13.0206 friendly Javascript for critical edns

Thu, 23 Sep 1999 06:16:37 +0100 (BST)

[1] From: John Unsworth <jmu2m@virginia.edu> (24)
Subject: Re: 13.0202 critical edns -- with friendly Javascript?

[2] From: Domenico Fiormonte <mc9809@mclink.it> (21)

Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 06:09:08 +0100
From: John Unsworth <jmu2m@virginia.edu>

At 07:37 AM 9/22/99 +0100, you wrote:

>Dear colleagues, could anyone direct me to such a critical edition of a
>verse text where the poet's corrections and changes appear in a cursor
>frame on the screen when passing a verse with the mouse -- the effect
>similar to the comments or footnotes in MSWord. Is there a friendly Java
>script?

I can offer examples of the effect you describe, though the content and context
are slightly different:

http://dazzle.village.virginia.edu:1778/dynaweb/meyer/boeotia/@Generic__Book
View
pick an inscription in the left frame, then mouse over the red text in the
right frame)

http://dazzle.village.virginia.edu:1321/dynaweb/dante/inferno/@Generic__Book
View
pick a canto in the left frame, then mouse over an asterisk in the right frame)

In both cases, you also get a second, different result if you click on the
red text or
asterisk. Both are done with Javascript: taking an example from Boetia, the
javascript and markup in the document looks like this:

(Kleon being
archo<http://dazzle.village.virginia.edu/ebt_boeotia/forms/rs_help.html>n

John Unsworth

http://www.iath.virginia.edu/~jmu2m