13.0212 critical editions with...

Sat, 25 Sep 1999 12:00:44 +0100 (BST)

[1] From: Ross Scaife <scaife@pop.uky.edu> (2)
Subject: Re: 13.0206 friendly Javascript for critical edns

[2] From: Jakob Fix <jfix@inso.com> (25)
Subject: Re: 13.0209 critical editions with frames &c.

[3] From: Wendell Piez <wapiez@mulberrytech.com> (29)

Date: Sat, 25 Sep 1999 11:47:42 +0100
From: Ross Scaife <scaife@pop.uky.edu>

The javascript called Pop-o-Vitz in an article at
http://www.zdnet.com/devhead/stories/articles/0,4413,2218756,00.html may do
what the original poster wanted.

Date: Sat, 25 Sep 1999 11:48:17 +0100
From: Jakob Fix <jfix@inso.com>

> For an implementation of notes in frames not requiring Javascript, see
> the Prothalamion <http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~rbear/proframe.html> or
> the Lady of May <http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~rbear/may/mayframe.html>.
>
> But I'm hoping to avoid frames. It's my understanding, after
> conversation with techies, that in recent versions of Internet Explorer
> one can mouse over text and get a cursor popup (as opposed to a browser
> window or frame) without using an anchor, whereas Netscape requires an
> anchor. I'd like to see simple glossing appear as the mouse pointer
> reaches a glossed word or phrase, then disappear as the mouse pointer
> rolls away, and I'd like to do this without sprinkling anchors all over.
> Is there a way to do that yet?

you might want to look at Erik Bosrup's script library which does exactly
what you want:

http://www.bosrup.com/web/overlib/

Hope this helps,
Jakob.

---------
Jakob Fix.
Inso France Development
54 boulevard Rodin
92130 Issy-Les-Moulineaux
tel 0033 1 55 95 01 43
fax 0033 1 55 95 01 59

"The DSSSL implementation took me two full weeks, Balise two days. "
Michael Leventhal, http://www.xml.com/pub/1999/05/xsl/xslconsidered_5.html