13.0271 tenure-track job: Humanities in the Information Age

Humanist (humanist@kcl.ac.uk)
Tue, 16 Nov 1999 22:04:35 +0000

Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 21:01:57 +0000
To: Humanist Discussion Group <Humanist@kcl.ac.uk>
From: "Steve Mason" <smason@yorku.ca> (by way of Humanist <humanist@kcl.ac.uk>)
Subject: Job Posting: Humanities in the Information Age

Dear Colleagues:

I post the following employment opportunity on behalf of my colleague,
Prof. Katey Anderson (kateya@yorku.ca), to whom all queries should be
directed. Please feel free to circulate this notice further.
Steve Mason

> Humanities in the Information Age
> >
> The Division of Humanities is seeking applicants for a tenure-track
> position at the assistant professor level in the Humanities in the
> Information Age. The successful candidate will teach undergraduate
> courses in the Division of Humanities and in the Programme in
> Information Technology. Duties may include teaching in the Faculty of
> Graduate Studies. Applicants should be engaged in interdisciplinary
> research and publication in the humanities on the role of computing
> technology in the transformation of contemporary cultures, scholarship
> and learning. Innovative use of information technology in teaching and
> research would be an asset. A Ph.D. or equivalent in a humanities
> discipline or interdisciplinary programme is required. The Division of
> Humanities actively promotes scholarship and teaching that range across
> disciplinary and cultural boundaries, and applicants should show promise
> of excellence in interdisciplinary teaching and research. For further
> information see {www.yorku.ca/dept/human} and {www.itec.yorku.ca}. York
> University is implementing a policy of employment equity, including
> affirmative action for women faculty. Applications are encouraged from
> women, visible/racial minorities, aboriginal people and persons with
> disabilities. In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, this
> advertisement is directed to Canadian citizens and permanent residents
> of Canada. All positions at York University are subject to budgetary
> approval. Candidates should send a letter of application, a c.v., and a
> sample of written work to the address below by January 28, 2000, and
> should arrange for three letters of recommendation to reach the Division
> by the same date.
>
> Contact: Professor Doug Freake, Chair, Division of Humanities, York
> University, 4700 Keele
> Street, Toronto, Ontario, M3J 1P3, Canada. Fax: 416-736 -5460.

Steve Mason
Professor, Programmes in Classics and Religious Studies, Division of
Humanities
219 Vanier College, York University
Toronto, ON M3J 1P3, Canada
smason@yorku.ca; 416-736-2100 x66987; fax 416-736-5460