13.0433 humanities computing in the next 5 years?

From: Humanist Discussion Group (willard@lists.village.virginia.edu)
Date: Thu Feb 24 2000 - 19:58:43 CUT

             Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 19:56:26 +0000
             From: "Price, Dan" <dprice@tui.edu>
             Subject: The Web and the Future

    Willard,

    I happened to be going through some files today and pulled this one up. To
    tell the truth, I am not sure of the actual response that you and some
    others gave. Perhaps though it might be helpful to post and see if what
    people anticipated did in fact occur. Helpful of course with keeping an
    eye poised towards the next five years.

    On the other hand, perhaps we are already engaged in this conversation.

    --dan

    From: Willard McCarty <Willard.McCarty@utoronto.ca> (8)

    Strolling home today I was mulling over statements I had made in a letter
    of recommendation, about what needs to be done in humanities computing. It
    struck me that before sending this letter off I should raise the question
    on Humanist, and that the discussion might be useful to us all. So, I ask
    you, what do you see as the most important things we need to do, say within
    the next five years in order to strengthen our field?

    WM

    Sincerely,
    Dan Price, Ph.D.
    Professor, Center for Distance Learning
    The Union Institute (800) 486 3116 ext.1222
    440 E McMillan St. (513) 861 6400 ext.1222
    Cincinnati OH 45206 FAX 513 861 9026

    <http://www.tui.edu/Faculty/FacultyUndergrad/PriceDan.html>http://www.tui.ed
    u/Faculty/FacultyUndergrad/PriceDan.html