13.0475 symposium, conference, seminars

From: Humanist Discussion Group (willard@lists.village.virginia.edu)
Date: Thu Mar 09 2000 - 20:36:15 CUT

       [1] From: Scott Stebelman <scottlib@gwis2.circ.gwu.edu> (32)
             Subject: Symposium Announcement

       [2] From: NINCH-ANNOUNCE <david@ninch.org> (66)
             Subject: CONFERENCE: CIDOC/CHIN

       [3] From: NINCH-ANNOUNCE <david@ninch.org> (93)
             Subject: Seminar: "Politics of Culture"; Conference: Webwise:
                     Libraries and Museums in the Digital World

       [4] From: NINCH-ANNOUNCE <david@ninch.org> (104)
             Subject: Seminar: Publishing in 21st Century

             Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2000 20:15:51 +0000
             From: Scott Stebelman <scottlib@gwis2.circ.gwu.edu>

    increase faculty awareness of alternative modes of scholarly
    communication, the Gelman Library of George Washington University is
    sponsoring a symposium entitled "Who Will Control Scholarly Communication
    in the 21st Century? Threats and Opportunities for the Academy." The
    symposium, which is part of the President's Millennium Seminar Series,
    will be held on March 30, from 1:00-3:00, in the Dorothy Betts Marvin
    Theatre, George Washington University, 800 21st Street NW, Washington, DC.
    Speakers include:

    Congresswoman Zoe Lofgren
    Member of House Judiciary Committee and sponsor of several bills related
    to the Internet, access, and privacy.

    Professor David Morrison
    James B. Duke Professor of Mathematics and Physics at Duke University and
    Chair of the Mathematics arXiv

    Professor Neil Fraistat
    Professor of English at the University of Maryland and a founder and
    General Editor of the Romantic Circles Website

    Professor Michael Lovaglia
    Associate Professor of Sociology at the University of Iowa and founder of
    the Internet journal, Current Research in Social Psychology

    Dr. Donald Lehman
    Vice-President for Academic Affairs
    The George Washington University

    This event is open to the public and does not require registration. For
    more information, contact:

    Scott Stebelman
    Group Leader for Education and Instruction
    Gelman Library
    George Washington University
    Washington, D.C. 20052
    202/994-1342