13.0499 call for the heroic

From: Humanist Discussion Group (willard@lists.village.virginia.edu)
Date: Tue Mar 21 2000 - 07:01:49 CUT

             Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 06:58:21 +0000
             From: "Norman D. Hinton" <hinton@springnet1.com>
             Subject: Heroic Age

    As the editor of an issue of the Heroic Age, an on-line journal dedicated
    to the early literature, history and culture of British and Northern
    Europe, I invite submissions for a gathering of essays on BEOWULF. Your
    approach should be from either an anthropological perspective or from a
    socially developed angle of cultural studies. Your subject could be on any
    aspect of the poem reflected upon in social terms.

    Please send ideas, abstracts, extended essay proposals to me by September
    15, 2000. The issue in question will appear as the Winter issue, 2001. I
    especially encourage work from graduate students and newer scholars.

    Contact information: John M. Hill, 5611 Greentree Road, Bethesda, Md.,
    USA
          jhill@nadn.navy.mil or jdomars@aol.com