13.0518 jobs: IT Director, NYU Libraries; SGML consultant

From: Humanist Discussion Group (willard@lists.village.virginia.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 29 2000 - 21:39:05 CUT

       [1] From: Lorna Hughes <lorna.hughes@nyu.edu> (96)
             Subject: Director, Information Technology Services, NYU
                     Libraries

       [2] From: Ari Kambouris <aristotl@panix.com> (37)
             Subject: SGML/Taxonomy opportunity

             Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 21:35:24 +0000
             From: Lorna Hughes <lorna.hughes@nyu.edu>
             Subject: Director, Information Technology Services, NYU Libraries

             Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 21:36:20 +0000
             From: Ari Kambouris <aristotl@panix.com>

    Position Announcement:

    Thinking Pictures is looking for a part-time SGML (or alternately XML)
    consultant with a background in the humanist studies and archives to work
    on a taxonomy and mark-up system for motion pictures and digital media
    works. This position is available beginning May 1 through the summer, or as
    appropriate, and could continue on into the academic year, time permitting.
    We would be interested in hearing from all levels of students in all
    academic areas. A passing familiarity with film and the creation of motion
    pictures is desirable, but not required. This opportunity requires a clear
    understanding of information architecture, data identification and SGML
    tagging.

    Thinking Pictures' mission is to create interactive visual content; that
    is, visual content that responds automatically to the requirements of the
    viewer. Pursuing this goal, the Company has developed a world-wide
    reputation for the research and development of interactive software and
    database software applications for the digital distribution of content over
    narrow and broadband networks for the educational, media, and entertainment
    industries.

    Thinking Pictures is a leader in the development of network architectures
    and tools that allow for the personalization of audio, video, and live
    entertainment for delivery over narrow and broadband networks. Since 1993,
    the Company has created stand-alone multimedia components that are
    integrated through its proprietary Interactive Visual Content Architecture
    (IVCA). This comprehensive system facilitates the dynamic presentation of
    digital movies to the home, special format indoor/outdoor displays as well
    as the computer screen.

    For more information, please visit our website at http://www.thinkpix.com
    or send your CV in text or as a MS-Word attachment to ari@thinkpix.com.
    Because of the nature of this project, this position will require on-site
    participation.

    Please cross-post as deemed suitable.

    Ari Kambouris
    Thinking Pictures