14.0078 ethical dilemmas

From: Humanist Discussion Group (willard@lists.village.virginia.edu)
Date: Wed Jun 28 2000 - 17:09:58 CUT

             Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 18:06:24 +0100
             From: "Fotis Jannidis" <fotis.jannidis@lrz.uni-muenchen.de>
             Subject: Re: 14.0076 ethical dilemmas?

    > I'm Chris Plasencia, I'm a summer intern helping launch a website
    > called Fairness.com. Among other things, our site will be featuring
    > discussions based on various "ethical dilemma" scenarios. My questions
    > are:
    >
    > i) what are the some classic, highly regarded books that collect such
    > scenarios?
    > ii) how could we get in touch with professors and teachers who may
    > have case studies of their own that they would be willing to contribute?

    A few days ago I heard a very interesting lecture by Prof. Robert Cavalier
    from Pittsburgh on three interactive multimedia CD-ROMs which have been
    developed at Carnegie Mellon's Center for the Advancement of Applied Ethics
    which could be a help in your search.
    Fotis Jannidis

    [For two of the fine pieces of work done by this group, see
    <http://www.routledge.com/routledge/electronic/>, s.v. "Abortion in
    America" and "A Right to Die?" Preston Covey, one of the primary people
    involved, writes very movingly about his work in applied ethics; see
    <http://hss.cmu.edu/HTML/departments/philosophy/people/directory/Preston_Cov
    ey.html>. --WM]