14.0156 the poetics of "cyberSPACE"

From: Humanist Discussion Group (willard@lists.village.virginia.edu)
Date: Tue Aug 08 2000 - 20:43:09 CUT

       [1] From: Melissa Terras <melslists@yahoo.com> (18)
             Subject: Re: 14.0152 why "cyberSPACE"?

       [2] From: "Chris McMahon" <pharmakeus@hotmail.com> (50)

       [3] From: Mark Horney <mhorney@OREGON.UOREGON.EDU> (16)

       [4] From: Mark Wolff <wolffm0@hartwick.edu> (18)

       [5] From: "Michael S. Hart" <hart@prairienet.org> (21)

       [6] From: "Barbara Kirshenblatt-Gimblett" <bk3@is.nyu.edu> (13)

       [7] From: Paul Oppenheimer <peo@ERC.MsState.Edu> (15)

       [8] From: lachance@chass.utoronto.ca (Francois Lachance) (47)

             Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2000 21:29:45 +0100
             From: Melissa Terras <melslists@yahoo.com>

    Dear Willard et al,

    http://www.cybergeography.org/atlas/

    "This is an atlas of maps and graphic representations
    of the geographies of the new electronic territories
    of the Internet, the World-Wide Web and other emerging
    Cyberspaces".... while it may not give you definite
    answers, the attempts at representing cyberspace
    create some amazing, thought provoking images.

    best

    Melissa Terras
    Melissa Terras MA MSc
    Engineering Science / Centre for the Study of Ancient
    Documents
    University of Oxford
    OX1 1DP

    melissa.terras@eng.ox.ac.uk