14.0164 HyperPo: text-analysis software

From: by way of Willard McCarty (willard@lists.village.Virginia.EDU)
Date: Fri Aug 11 2000 - 06:28:31 CUT

             Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 07:20:16 +0100
             From: Stefan Sinclair <ss@hydra.educ.queensu.ca>
             Subject: HyperPo Text Analysis and Exploration

    Dear all,

    For several months I've been holding off announcing an upgrade to "HyperPo:
    Text Analysis and Exploration Tools" in the hopes that I might find the time
    to make a few more adjustments and additions. The overly optimistic
    academic.

    Anyway, those of you preparing courses for the fall with text-analysis
    content might be interested in having a look now, and perhaps I will get to
    those teakings after all. My biggest priority at the moment is getting an
    English lemmatisation feature similar to the one that is available for
    French texts. As always, comments, suggestions and collaboration are
    welcome. (Not to mention mirror sites - in the meantime, I encourage you to
    use the mirror site on Hydra which will be faster for the moment.)

    http://qsilver.queensu.ca/QI/HyperPo/

    Dr. Stfan Sinclair, French Studies, Queen's University (Canada)