14.0175 CFP: implications of the Canterbury Tales Project

From: by way of Willard McCarty (willard@lists.village.Virginia.EDU)
Date: Wed Aug 16 2000 - 06:41:51 CUT

             Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 07:32:07 +0100
             From: Barbara Bordalejo <bb268@is8.nyu.edu>
             Subject: CFP: Kalamazoo 2001

    Call for Papers (Excuse X-posting):

    36th International Congress on Medieval Studies (Kalamazoo, 2001)

    Sponsored Session: " The Implications of the Work of the Canterbury Tales
    Project."

    The Canterbury Tales Project is organizing a session for the 36th
    International Medieval Congress. With the recent appearance of the General
    Prologue, and the forthcoming CD-ROMs scheduled for the next few months, we
    are increasingly interested on learning about the applications of these
    materials. We are seeking papers which deal with practical uses of the
    tools and information that the CTP has produced. Papers presenting
    non-research uses of the material (in teaching, at various levels) are
    particularly welcome. We could also consider papers on other electronic
    texts and tools and their possible uses for teaching and research.
    There is also a possibility of publication in the forthcoming Occasional
    Papers (volume III). If you are interested in any of the suggested topics
    send your abstract to bbordalejo@dmu.ac.uk
    Papers should be not longer that 20 minutes. The deadline for submission of
    abstracts is September 15, 2000.

    Barbara Bordalejo
    Research Assistant
    Canterbury Tales Project