14.0255 course buyout

From: by way of Willard McCarty (willard@lists.village.Virginia.EDU)
Date: 09/21/00

             Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 09:22:04 +0100
             From: "Norman D. Hinton" <hinton@springnet1.com>
             Subject: Re: 14.0246 course buyout

    In most of the schools I've taught at instead of a "course buyout" we
    have "non-instructional assignments", and they come down from the top,
    not up from the bottom.  AShen I had an NIA for research, for instance,
    we just dropped the course for the time being, or someone else taught
    it, and I didn't have to have anything to do with it...I just got 1/3 of
    my pay for doing something else (grant or no grant).