14.0278 new on WWW: CogNews

From: by way of Willard McCarty (willard@lists.village.Virginia.EDU)
Date: 09/27/00

             Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 09:41:09 +0100
             From: Arun-Kumar Tripathi <tripathi@statistik.uni-dortmund.de>
             Subject: CogNews: A news digest service from MIT CogNet

    Dear humanists,

    ((Hi -I thought --this might interest to some members....Thank you.-Arun)

    Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 16:52:06 GMT
    From: CogNet Newsletter <CogNews@cognet.mit.edu>
    [--]

    The formal launch of the CogNet fee based service will take place at
    the Inaugural Harry Bradford Stanton Memorial Lecture Series on
    Thursday September 28th, 2000, in Cambridge, Massachusetts. All CogNet
    members are invited to attend.  Sponsored by The MIT Press, this first
    lecture will be delivered by Prof. Lila Gleitman and is entitled,
    'Does Our Language Affect the Way We Think?'  See
    <http://mitpress.mit.edu/bradford/> for details.

    Check the latest Hot Science article where William Uttal discusses
    'The limits of localization of cognitive processes in the brain' a
    topic which has generated a variety of responses from the community.
    Read the full article and commentaries at
    <http://cognet.mit.edu/hotscience>

    If you haven't visited CogNet in the last few weeks there are lots of
    new things to see!

    *** We've added a new reference work to the Digital Library -- you can
    now find an electronic version of The New Cognitive Neurosciences by
    Michael S. Gazzaniga (http://cognet.mit.edu/Gazzaniga/), in addition
    to The MIT Encyclopedia of Cognitive Science, Robert A. Wilson, and
    Frank Keil, editors, (http://cognet.mit.edu/MITECS/) and our
    continually growing collection of links to books and journals,
    including

    *** Links to searchable full-text for Journal of Cognitive
    Neuroscience and Neural Computation at HighWire Press see
    <http://cognet.mit.edu/library/>

    *** Profiles for Cognitive Science programs worldwide see
    (http://cognet.mit.edu/almanac/)

    *** Up to date Job listings see (http://cognet.mit.edu/jobs/)

    *** CV and bibliography utilities

    *** A growing collection of searchable abstracts from major
    professional conferences and workshops see
    <http://cognet.mit.edu/posters/index.tcl?type=proceeding>
    CogNet is free service for now. As of October 1st, 2000, we begin
    offering an enhanced, fee-based service, details of which can be found
    online at http://cognet.mit.edu/Cover/member_terms.html Remember, you
    can take advantage of Charter Membership if you make 4 contributions
    to the site. See http://cognet.mit.edu/Cover/benefits.html for details
    You can also check to see if your Library has an Institutional Site
    License (see http://cognet.mit.edu/sitelicenses/).
    This message has been sent to you as part of CogNews, the news service
    of MIT CogNet.  No response is necessary. We hope that you find this
    service of value - and if you do, please tell your colleagues and
    forward this e-mail to others.

    IF YOU WOULD RATHER NOT RECEIVE FUTURE NEWS DIGESTS FROM MIT CogNet,
    please select the appropriate setting at
    http://cognet.mit.edu/pvt/privacy-change.tcl

    For further information or technical assistance, please contact:
    CognetAdmin@cognet.mit.edu