14.0455 call for comments: Digital Preservation Workbook

From: by way of Willard McCarty (willard@lists.village.Virginia.EDU)
Date: 11/01/00

             Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2000 08:29:30 +0000
             From: NINCH-ANNOUNCE <david@ninch.org>
             Subject: Digital Preservation Workbook (UK) Comments Requested on
    pre-pub draft

    NINCH ANNOUNCEMENT
    News on Networking Cultural Heritage Resources
    from across the Community
    October 31, 2000

                  Preservation Management of Digital Materials Workbook
                       Comments Requested on Pre-publication Draft
                    <http://www.jisc.ac.uk/dner/preservation/workbook/>http://www.jisc.ac.uk/dner/preservation/workbook/

     >From: Nbeagrie@aol.com
     >Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 17:44:30 EST
     >>

     >Digital Preservation
     >
     >A pre-publication draft of the Preservation Management of Digital Materials
     >Workbook is now available as a pdf file on the web at:
     >
     ><http://www.jisc.ac.uk/dner/preservation/workbook/>http://www.jisc.ac.uk/dner/preservation/workbook/

     >The workbook has been produced by Neil Beagrie (Joint Information Systems
     >Committee) and Maggie Jones (Arts and Humanities Data Service) with research
     >funding from Re:source the Council for Museums Archives and Libraries. The
     >workbook provides  a comprehensive overview of digital preservation issues
     >and practice and will be of interest to digitization projects and curators
     >in museums, libraries, archives, and the cultural heritage, research and
     >publishing sectors.
     >
     >The broad issues associated with digital preservation are global in nature
     >and examples of good practice, research activity and sources of advice and
     >guidance in the workbook have been drawn from around the world. Although
     >there is a UK focus in terms of the background to the study and some
     >examples, e.g. legislation, are UK specific, it is anticipated that the
     >workbook will be of interest to an international audience.
     >
     >Comments on the pre-publication draft are welcomed and should be received by
     >8th December 2000. Full details from the above URL.

     >Assistant Director (Preservation)
     >JISC DNER Office                Tel/Fax/Voicemail :+44 (0)709 2048179
     >King's College London           email:  preservation@jisc.ac.uk
     >Strand                              url:        www.jisc.ac.uk
     >London WC2R 2LS

    NINCH-Announce is an announcement listserv, produced by the National
    Initiative for a Networked Cultural Heritage (NINCH). The subjects of
    announcements are not the projects of NINCH, unless otherwise noted;
    neither does NINCH necessarily endorse the subjects of announcements. We
    attempt to credit all re-distributed news and announcements and appreciate
    reciprocal credit.

    For questions, comments or requests to un-subscribe, contact the editor:
    <<mailto:david@ninch.org>mailto:david@ninch.org>
    See and search back issues of NINCH-ANNOUNCE at
    <<http://www.cni.org/Hforums/ninch-announce/>http://www.cni.org/Hforums/ninch-announce/>.