14.0549 AHA conference; JoDI call for papers

From: by way of Willard McCarty (willard@lists.village.Virginia.EDU)
Date: 12/09/00

       [1]   From:    NINCH-ANNOUNCE <david@ninch.org>                    (58)
             Subject: Digital Sessions at American Historical Association
                     conference

       [2]   From:    JoDI Announcements <jodi@ecs.soton.ac.uk>           (49)
             Subject: JoDI CfP on Distributed Information Management

             Date: Sat, 09 Dec 2000 06:24:42 +0000
             From: NINCH-ANNOUNCE <david@ninch.org>
    conference

    NINCH ANNOUNCEMENT
    News on Networking Cultural Heritage Resources
    from across the Community
    December 7, 2000

                      H-Net at the American Historical Association
                            January 4-7, 20001: Boston, MA
                             <http://www.h-net.msu.edu/aha>http://www.h-net.msu.edu/aha

    Below are ten sessions organized by H-Net for the annual meeting of the
    American Historical Association that might interest our readers. The
    session titles are:

    * Transforming Teaching and Learning in U.S. History through New Technologies

    * Historical Publishing in the Digital Age: Revisiting Stevan Harnad's
    "Subversive Proposal"

    * Primacy to the Event? The New Technologies and the Narrative Mode

    * Graduate Training in the Digital Age: A Roundtable Discussion of What
    History Departments Should be Doing

    * Research in the Presidential Libraries: The View from the FDR and JFK

    * Engaging with K-12 History Education: Collaborative Models for Using
    Educational Technology

    * Digital Teaching Diamonds: Best Resources and Methods for Teaching History

    * Multiple Voices/Multiple Narratives: Historical Methods and Undergraduate
    Education in the Digital Age

    * Exploring the Promise of the Web for Integrating a Health Narrative into
    the History of Modern America

    * Making History: Exhibitions in the Digital Age

    David Green
    ===========

     >Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2000 19:11:39 -0500
     >From: "Amy L. Masciola" <amy@ninch.org>
     >Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 14:54:20 -0800
     >From: "Terry L. Taylor" <ttaylor@ctc.edu>
     >>To: H-ALBION@H-NET.MSU.EDU
     >
     >Date:           Tue, 5 Dec 2000 14:09:00 -0500
     >From:           H-NET Announcements Editor <announce@mail.h-net.msu.edu>

    Greetings, subscribers:

    H-Net will again be a major presence at the upcoming Annual Meeting of
    the American Historical Association in Boston, 4-7 January 2001.  As an
    AHA affiliate, we are sponsoring ten sessions; in addition, almost two
    dozen of our list editors are participating on panels, so here is an
    opportunity to meet your hardworking editors.  We are also hosting a
    reception and will have a booth in the book exhibit with direct
    internet connections, where you can surf our site, get assistance with
    your subscription, visit with editors and officers, and catch up on our
    many programs and activities.

    Bookmark our continually-updated site, "H-Net at the AHA
    <http://www.h-net.msu.edu/aha>http://www.h-net.msu.edu/aha for program
    details, participant lists, and venues.

    This message contains a list of our sponsored panel sessions -- updates
    will be available at our web site.

    At a glance:

    Official program information is at the AHA website:
    <http://www.theaha.org>http://www.theaha.org

    H-Net's Booth: #136 in the Marriott's University of Masschusetts
    Exhibit Hall. Hours: Thursday, January 4, 3-7 PM; Friday and Saturday,
    January 5 and 6, 9 AM - 6 PM; and Sunday, January 7, 9 AM - 12 noon.

    Reception: Saturday, 6 January, 8pm Location TBA

    [material deleted]