14.0586 jobs at Columbia, ARL (U.S.)

From: by way of Willard McCarty (willard@lists.village.Virginia.EDU)
Date: 01/11/01

             Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 07:49:49 +0000
             From: NINCH-ANNOUNCE <david@ninch.org>
             Subject: Positions Available: Columbia university; Assoc of
    Research Libraries

    NINCH ANNOUNCEMENT
    News on Networking Cultural Heritage Resources
    from across the Community
    January 8, 2001

                                POSITIONS AVAILABLE
                   Columbia University Media Center: Program Coordinator
                                 <http://www.mcah.columbia.edu>http://www.mcah.columbia.edu

    Association of Research Libraries: Statistics and Measurement Research
    Assistant
                                   <http://www.arl.org/stats/>http://www.arl.org/stats/

                                            *  *  *

                   Columbia University Media Center: Program Coordinator
                                 <http://www.mcah.columbia.edu>http://www.mcah.columbia.edu

     >Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 11:18:21 -0500
     >To: mcn-l@listserv.mcn.edu, vra-l@listserv.uark.edu, arlis-l@lsu.uky.edu,
     >         CAAH@PUCC.BITNET, SAH-L@SIVM.SI.EDU, IMAGELIB@LISTSERV.ARIZONA.EDU,
     >         H-MMEDIA@H-NET.MSU.EDU, AIA-L@brynmawr.edu
     >From: "Maurice S. Luker III" <msl5@columbia.edu>
     >>
     >Media Center for Art History, Archaeology, and Historic Preservation
     >Columbia University
     >
     >Title: Program Coordinator

     >Art History, Archaeology, and Historic Preservation and providing
     >assistance to the director of the Center for Archaeology, the incumbent
     >coordinates the research, development, submission, and fiscal accounting
     >of project grants for art history, archaeology, and historic preservation.
     >Financial duties include administering payroll, purchasing, contracting,
     >budgeting, and auditing. The incumbent manages physical collections of
     >objects and images as well as media properties, including responsibility
     >for organizing and cataloguing materials, obtaining copyright permissions,
     >and drafting licensing contracts. The incumbent organizes equipment and
     >facilities operations as well as faculty and student study and training
     >programs and expeditions. The incumbent authors and edits reports,
     >specialized articles, and online materials. The incumbent supports faculty
     >and advisory council activities, presentations, classroom teaching, and
     >events. Other duties and responsibilities assigned as necessary.
     >
     >Qualifications: BA/BS required with significant course work in art or
     >architectural history, archaeology, or architectural conservation;
     >advanced degree desirable. Fluency in at least one foreign language
     >preferred. At least two years work experience required, preferably at a
     >museum or other cultural institution or site. Experience with digital
     >imaging, databases, and multimedia materials for online libraries
     >desirable. Cataloguing and archiving experience in art history visual
     >resources, architectural graphics, or archaeological materials desirable.
     >Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Word and spreadsheet and database
     >software, such as Microsoft Excel and Access highly preferred. Familiarity
     >with project management software desirable. Ability to work with both PC
     >and Macintosh operating systems preferred. Knowledge of or ability to
     >learn quickly electronic funds management systems preferred. Must be
     >resourceful, highly organized, willing to learn independently, and able to
     >work collaboratively on multiple projects with faculty, staff, and students.
     >
     >Please send CV by January 31, 2001, to:
     >
     >MCAH
     >821 Schermerhorn
     >1190 Amsterdam Ave
     >New York, NY 10027
     >
     >The Media Center for Art History, Archaeology, and Historic Preservation
     >supports Columbia University art historians, archaeologists, and
> [...]

    NINCH-Announce is an announcement listserv, produced by the National
    Initiative for a Networked Cultural Heritage (NINCH). The subjects of
    announcements are not the projects of NINCH, unless otherwise noted;
    neither does NINCH necessarily endorse the subjects of announcements. We
    attempt to credit all re-distributed news and announcements and appreciate
    reciprocal credit.

    For questions, comments or requests to un-subscribe, contact the editor:
    <<mailto:david@ninch.org>mailto:david@ninch.org>
    See and search back issues of NINCH-ANNOUNCE at
    <<http://www.cni.org/Hforums/ninch-announce/>http://www.cni.org/Hforums/ninch-announce/>.