14.0713 congratulations to Alberta

From: by way of Willard McCarty (willard@lists.village.Virginia.EDU)
Date: Mon Mar 05 2001 - 15:41:07 EST

             Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2001 20:33:38 +0000
             From: lachance@chass.utoronto.ca (Francois Lachance)
             Subject: old players in new locations

    Willard,

    You and the subscribers to Humanist might wish to join me in
    congratulating the University of Alberta for launching the MA in
    Humanities Computing and in expressing best wishes to Stephan Sinclair
    and Sean Gouglas who have been hired to lead the program.

    http://www.arts.ualberta.ca/huco/instructors.html

    It is, as you have previously remarked, an important development for
    the discipline, the field and the community.

    I would also like to take the occasion to signal the great contribution of
    Susan Hockey who in her perigrinations manages to leave behind projects of
    lasting value and motivated teams to continue the tradition. Stephen and
    Sean can be proud to succeed her at the University of Alberta, Faculty of
    the Humanities.

    A round of applause to all.

    [I've noticed that unlike big business the academy doesn't take out
    advertisements to announce appointments. Well at least in North America
    they don't. They should: inquiring minds want to know.]

    --
    Francois Lachance, Scholar-at-large