14.0797 call for updates to "Humanities computing units..."

From: by way of Willard McCarty (willard@lists.village.Virginia.EDU)
Date: Wed Apr 11 2001 - 05:35:47 EDT

             Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 10:33:59 +0100
             From: Willard McCarty <willard.mccarty@kcl.ac.uk>
             Subject: updates to "Humanities computing units and institutional
    resources"?

    Dear colleagues:

    This is a general call for updates to "Humanities computing units and
    institutional resources" <http://ilex.cc.kcl.ac.uk/wlm/hc/>, a listing I
    compiled with Matt Kirschenbaum. If you know of any relevant entities that
    you think should be listed, kindly send me notice of them; a brief entry in
    the format of the list would be most convenient. If any existing entries
    should be changed or re-classified, please let me know.

    As far as I am aware "Humanities computing units" is a unique compilation.
    I began it because it seemed to me that a comprehensive directory in the
    form of a taxonomy would help us all think about what we are doing
    institutionally with the field. Thoughts and suggestions about the
    objective of the listing as well as its taxonomy are most welcome.

    Many thanks.

    -----
    Dr Willard McCarty / Senior Lecturer /
    Centre for Computing in the Humanities / King's College London /
    Strand / London WC2R 2LS / U.K. /
    +44 (0)20 7848-2784 / ilex.cc.kcl.ac.uk/wlm/