14.0806 conference on digital libraries

From: by way of Willard McCarty (willard@lists.village.Virginia.EDU)
Date: Fri Apr 20 2001 - 03:49:39 EDT

             Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 08:47:01 +0100
             From: NINCH-ANNOUNCE <david@ninch.org>
             Subject: ACM/IEEE Joint Conference on Digital Libraries: June
    24-28, Roanoke, VA

    NINCH ANNOUNCEMENT
    News on Networking Cultural Heritage Resources
    from across the Community
    April 19, 2001

                      ACM/IEEE Joint Conference on Digital Libraries
                                June 24-28, Roanoke, VA
                                  <http://www.jcdl.org>http://www.jcdl.org

    >Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 14:35:08 -0400
    >From: Edie Rasmussen <erasmus@MAIL.SIS.PITT.EDU>
    >>To: DIGLIB@INFOSERV.NLC-BNC.CA
    >
    > The Advance Program for
    >
    > The First ACM/IEEE-CS
    > Joint Conference on Digital Libraries
    > (JCDL 2001)
    > Roanoke, VA USA
    > June 24-28, 2001
    >
    >is now available at the conference web site
    ><http://www.jcdl.org>http://www.jcdl.org
    >
    >Conference Highlights:
    >* Three days of papers, panels, posters and demos
    >* Keynotes by Brewster Kahle, Pamela Samuelson, and Clifford Lynch
    >* Pre-conference tutorials and Post-conference workshops
    >* A full social program including breakfasts, lunches, banquet,
    > receptions, and tours
    >* Located in a charming hotel in the Blue Ridge Mountains
    >
    > You are cordially invited to participate in the major
    >international digital library conference of the year! Together, the
    >speakers and conferees will advance the state of the art in digital
    >libraries, help to identify best practices, facilitate sharing between
    >researchers and practitioners, enhance collaboration throughout our broad
    >international community, and advance communication among the cooperating
    >disciplines and professions.
    >
    > The Joint Conference on Digital Libraries not only combines the
    >best features of the ACM DL and IEEE-CS ADL conference series and the
    >meetings of researchers funded through the US National Science
    >Foundation's Digital Library Initiative, but also expands participation to
    >a broader community of scholars and professionals from computer and
    >information sciences, social sciences, humanities, libraries, museums, and
    >archives. An international and multi-disciplinary program committee has
    >selected an enriching program of tutorials, keynotes, panels, long papers
    >(including the soon to be selected Vannevar Bush Award-winning best
    >paper), short papers, posters, demonstrations, and workshops from the rich
    >array submitted to the conference. These are complemented by social
    >events and side trips.
    >
    > Once you've decided to come, please act quickly: book one of the
    >limited number of rooms at the conference hotel, and go online or fill in
    >the attached registration form in time to benefit from the significantly
    >reduced early rates. We look forward to your participation in this
    >community-building conference on digital libraries in June, in the lovely
    >Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia.
    >
    > -----Edward A. Fox (General Chair)
    > Christine L. Borgman (Program Chair)
    >
    >* A full copy of the Advance Program may be viewed or printed at *
    >* <http://www.jcdl.org>http://www.jcdl.org
    > *

    >Sun Microsystems, Inc. has published the second edition of its
    >popular "Digital Library Toolkit", a valuable resource for anyone
    >planning a digital collection. To download a free copy, go to:

> [...]

    NINCH-Announce is an announcement listserv, produced by the National
    Initiative for a Networked Cultural Heritage (NINCH). The subjects of
    announcements are not the projects of NINCH, unless otherwise noted;
    neither does NINCH necessarily endorse the subjects of announcements. We
    attempt to credit all re-distributed news and announcements and appreciate
    reciprocal credit.

    For questions, comments or requests to un-subscribe, contact the editor:
    <<mailto:david@ninch.org>mailto:david@ninch.org>
    See and search back issues of NINCH-ANNOUNCE at
    <<http://www.cni.org/Hforums/ninch-announce/>http://www.cni.org/Hforums/ninch-announce/>.