14.0809 new on WWW: DLib, RLG DigiNews

From: by way of Willard McCarty (willard@lists.village.Virginia.EDU)
Date: Fri Apr 20 2001 - 03:50:39 EDT

             Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 08:47:20 +0100
             From: NINCH-ANNOUNCE <david@ninch.org>
             Subject: April Issues of D-Lib Magazine & RLG DigiNews Available

    NINCH ANNOUNCEMENT
    News on Networking Cultural Heritage Resources
    from across the Community
    April 19, 2001

                 April Issues of D-Lib Magazine & RLG DigiNews Available
                     <http://www.dlib.org/dlib/april01/04contents.html>http://www.dlib.org/dlib/april01/04contents.html

                   http://www.rlg.org/preserv/diginews/diginews5-2.html

    The lead articles of D-Lib Magazine this month address the Open Archives
    Initiative (OAI; not to be confused with the Open Archival Information
    System, OAIS, as Peter Hirtle's editorial pleads).

    Meanwhile, April's RLG DigiNews features two articles on Collecting and
    Preserving the Web.

    NINCH readers might also be particularly interested in the D-Lib article on
    digitization workflow of the Levy Sheet Music Collection at Johns Hopkins
    University as well as the report in RLG DigiNews of a Library of Congress
    conference on Best Practices for Digital Sound.

    David Green
    ===========

    >Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 08:49:50 -0400
    >From: Bonnie Wilson <bwilson@cnri.reston.va.us>
    >To: Dlib-subscribers@dlib.org

    Greetings:

    The April 2001 issue of D-Lib Magazine
    <http://www.dlib.org/>http://www.dlib.org/
    is now available. The table of contents is at
    <http://www.dlib.org/dlib/april01/04contents.html>http://www.dlib.org/dlib/april01/04contents.html.

    In this issue, there are five full-length articles, several
    smaller features in D-Lib Magazine's 'In Brief' column, and
    news of upcoming conferences and other items of interest in
    'Clips and Pointers'. The Featured Collection for April is
    the Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute (MBARI).

    The April 2001 articles include:

    * Arc: An OAI Service Provider for Digital Library Federation
    By Xiaoming Liu, Kurt Maly, and Michael L. Nelson

    * Kepler: An OAI Data/Service Provider for the Individual
    By Kurt Maly, Mohammad Zubair, and Xiaoming Liu

    * Information Objects and Rights Management: A Mediation-based
    Approach to DRM Interoperability
    By John S. Erickson

    * Automated Name Authority Control and Enhanced Searching in
    the Levy Collection
    By Tim DiLauro, G. Sayeed Choudhury, Mark Patton, James W.
    Warner, and Elizabeth W. Brown.

    * Renardus Project Developments and the Wider Digital Library