15.007 movie control

From: by way of Willard McCarty (willard@lists.village.Virginia.EDU)
Date: Wed May 09 2001 - 02:36:47 EDT

             Date: Wed, 09 May 2001 07:13:39 +0100
             From: Adrian Miles <adrian.miles@bowerbird.rmit.edu.au>
             Subject: Re: 15.003 movie control?

    At 9:15 +0100 7/5/2001, Deepak Shah wrote:
    >I am running an technical software, like Video EEG through an Exe. I want
    >to distribute to different computers. Is it possible to convert, what ever
    >is going on on the screen as a movie clip and can be stored on a CD ?
    >Please advise.

    Hello Deepak

    not sure exactly what you're after but videoscript
    <http://www.videoscript.com/> allows you to script live video content that
    is being received by a computer and to do lots of things on the basis of
    this feed. it also lets you do things with the feed. as long as the EEG has
    some sort of standard video out then it ought to be trivial to capture that
    and then you could archive it however you want.

    should put the following caveats though, i only use video, either sourced
    from VHS, S-VHS, or DV, recorded or live, and these days only capture via
    FireWire so my expertise is extremely limited.

    cheers
    adrian miles

    --

    lecturer in new media and cinema studies + media studies. rmit [http://hypertext.rmit.edu.au] + institutt for medievitenskap. university of bergen [http://media.uib.no]